*** Kimberlyâ€™s Alcohol Creations: Exclusive cooking recipes with alcoholic beverages of all kinds, as well as cooking tips and food & beverage reviews on SizzUp.com. Subscribe Now and donâ€™t miss a single article and get the news only when there is news. ***
Welcome to another edition of â€œKimberlyâ€™s Alcohol Creationsâ€. Today, I’m bringing you a decadent, but easy to prepare breakfast or brunch, served with nothing other than CHAMPAGNE!
Well, Champagne is great for lunch and dinner, as well as mixed with fabulous juices for breakfast…
…But why not on it’s own with breakfast?
Here’s yet another recipe that champagne goes well with, but for Breaky!
Smoked Salmon with Chive Omelette
This is marvelous for special occassions like New Year’s, Christmas, Valentine’s Day or Easter morning, but then again, everyday is special! Enjoy this fabulous recipe with the champagne of your choice.
~ Kimberly Edwards
Serve With: Creme fraiche or sour cream
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 8-9 min
Yield: Serves 2-3
5 Eggs – I use free range, organic eggs.
8 oz Smoked Salmon – Large chunked
2 tbsp Chives – Chopped
2 tbsp Heavy Cream – Milk or buttermilk can be substituted.
2 tsp Butter – Unsalted preferably
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper – To taste
1. Pre-heat a large frying pan to medium-low heat with butter.
2. In a bowl, crack eggs, add freshly cracked black pepper and chives and mix up with a for or whisk until it is evenly mixed and some frothy bubbles form.
* Tip: Do not add salt of any kind, as the smoked salmon is quite salty, and especially if you’re using salted butter.
3. Once butter is melted in the pan, spread it out evenly to coat the entire bottom of the frying pan.
4. Add egg mixture to pan and let cook for 2-3 min covered.
5. Arrange smoked salmon on 1/2 of the omelette.
* Tip: Be sure omelette is not browning on bottom by lifting up one part very gently. If it is, turn temperature down to low and keep covered.
6. Once omelette is cooked more than halfway through – where there’s only a thin layer of moisture on top, flip 1/2 of the omelette over on the other 1/2 very gently with a large spatula.
7. Move to middle of pan and let sit for another 1 min.
8. Serve with creme fraiche or sour cream on the side, (and caviar, if desired) and champagne.
9. Enjoy a beautiful morning!
Smoked salmon goes amazingly well with champagne!
Because the champagne can stand up to the strong flavors of salmon and caviar and cut the oily nature of it.
Green onions and either crÃ¨me fraÃ®che or sour cream enhance the flavors!
We usually prefer a sweeter champagne over the dry varieties.
What a beautiful surprise this would be for your sweetheart any day of the week!
I hope you enjoyed this Recipe on Sizz Up! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. If you enjoyed this Recipe, check out more of Kimberlyâ€™s Alcohol Recipes @ Cooking With Kimberly.